Rochester Chamber of Commerce President Bob Duffy showed his support for Rochester City School District Superintendent Terry Dade on Sunday.
The former Rochester mayor and police chief tweeted:
In a message sent to colleagues Friday, Rochester Teachers Association President Adam Urbanski called Dade and school board’s decision to lay off 109 educators irresponsible. He also said the group will consider a no-confidence vote for the board and Dade.
Urbanski's message says more information will be available after winter break.
- RCSD Board of Education Approves Teacher Cuts Amid Budget Crisis
- Federal Funds Could Reduce RCSD Teacher Cuts Amid Looming Budget Deficit
- RCSD, RTA Say Concessions Unlikely Before Thursday Vote on Layoffs
- Buffalo and Syracuse Schools Considering Laid Off RCSD Teachers for Open Positions
- RCSD, RTA Officials Discuss Alternatives to Teacher Layoffs, RTA To Hold Job Interviews Monday
- Board Member: Teachers of Color Should Be Spared RCSD Layoffs
- Local Job Website Offering Free Help to RCSD Teachers Facing Layoffs
- Moody's Downgrades Rochester Rating; Cites RCSD Budget Crisis
- Dade: "I'm Hoping That State Funding Is Going To Come"
- RTA Offers Support to Those Affected by RCSD Layoffs
- RCSD Students Walk Out in Support of Teachers
- RCSD Teacher Says Layoffs Will Be Equally Challenging for Students
- 155 RCSD Teachers Face Lay-Off Amid Budget Deficit
- RCSD Superintendent Makes Changes to Planned Staffing Cuts
- Superintendent Sets Timetable for Teacher, Budget Cuts at RCSD
- RCSD Reveals Plan To Fill $30M Budget Deficit
- RCSD Updates Public on Budget Crisis, CFO Resigns
- Teacher Layoffs Unlikely As RCSD Deals with Budget Crisis, Union Says
- State Budget Office Responds to RCSD Budget Deficit
- Comptroller's Audit of RCSD Underway
- City Council Approves State Oversight of RCSD Finances
- RCSD Budget Shortfall Estimated at $30 Million