A local job search engine is offering help to teachers in the Rochester City School District whose jobs are on the line. ShiftDiff.com is offering them free assistance with their resumes.
Raheem Miller, co-owner and a graduate of RCSD, alongside with his wife Amorette Miller, say this is their way of giving back.
"Workers and job seekers mean a lot to me and so this made a lot of sense for us to help in this way," said Miller. "If we were a pizza shop, we'd give pizza. If we were a shoe shop, we'd give shoes. This is the way ShiftDiff can give."
The company's office is in the same building as the Rochester Teachers Association on North Union Street.
- Moody's Downgrades Rochester Rating; Cites RCSD Budget Crisis
- Dade: "I'm Hoping That State Funding Is Going To Come"
- RTA Offers Support to Those Affected by RCSD Layoffs
- RCSD Students Walk Out in Support of Teachers
- RCSD Teacher Says Layoffs Will Be Equally Challenging for Students
- 155 RCSD Teachers Face Lay-Off Amid Budget Deficit
- RCSD Superintendent Makes Changes to Planned Staffing Cuts
- Superintendent Sets Timetable for Teacher, Budget Cuts at RCSD
- RCSD Reveals Plan To Fill $30M Budget Deficit
- RCSD Updates Public on Budget Crisis, CFO Resigns
- Teacher Layoffs Unlikely As RCSD Deals with Budget Crisis, Union Says
- State Budget Office Responds to RCSD Budget Deficit
- Comptroller's Audit of RCSD Underway
- City Council Approves State Oversight of RCSD Finances
- RCSD Budget Shortfall Estimated at $30 Million