AUSTIN, Texas -- The Ghisallo Cycling Initiative, a nonprofit empowering kids to integrate bicycling into their daily lives through after-school programs and community events, is hosting the second of its citywide learn to ride events this weekend
- Date: Saturday, July 20, 2019
- Time: 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Place: Dittmar Recreation Center (1009 W. Dittmar Rd.)
At these events, all ages are welcome to come to learn to ride a bicycle, and will be broken up into age groups:
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m. - Kindergarten through 2nd grade,
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m. - 3rd grade through 5th grade
- Middle school to adult - please reach out in advance!
A parent clinic will also be offered from 10:15-11 a.m. for parents of minors who attend so they will best be able to support their new bicycle rider.
Balance bikes and helmets will be provided. Pre-registration is requested in order to get a head count on the group size as class sizes are limited. Participants may pre-register at each site, or online through this form.