RALEIGH, N.C. — Darryl Williams was on the ground, surrounded by multiple Raleigh police officers, but wouldn't put his hands behind his back, newly released body camera video shows from the night he died. The officers tell him to put his hands behind his back. One counts down, "three, two, one," before using a Taser on him. He had already been shocked at least twice with Tasers.

What You Need To Know

Williams is seen on the ground after the arrest and heard coughing. "You were fighting us this whole time," one officer said.

Minutes later, Williams stopped breathing. An hour later Williams would be pronounced dead.

"Hey, is he still good?" an officer is heard saying in the body camera video.

"Is he breathing?"

"I don't feel a pulse."

"He tensed up. He's breathing," an officer then says. "He's good."

The video shows officers milling around but keep asking if he's breathing. One said he passed out. But Williams did not wake up. Officers waited minutes from when it appears Williams lost consciousness to beginning CPR.

The videos released Friday, 13 in all, begin with officers pulling up to the sweepstakes parlor at 808 Rock Quarry Road. They show police ordering Williams and another man out of a car and searching them.

According to the initial investigation report, police officers were patrolling an area on Rock Quarry Road. Just before 2 a.m. they found Williams and another man in a parked car.

Police said Williams had "a white powdery substance consistent with the appearance of cocaine" in a folded dollar bill in his pocket. The officers said Williams fought with them as they tried to arrest him and he managed to get away. The other man in the car ran off as officers struggled with Wiliams.

One officer shot Williams with his Taser in the parking lot. Officers used Tasers on Williams in "drive-stun mode" as they struggled on the ground. "Drive-stun mode" is when the Taser is used directly against the body.

The arrest took about five minutes, according to the five-day report. Police had Williams in handcuffs at 2 a.m. and called an ambulance at 2:02 a.m.

Over the next four minutes, Williams became unresponsive and stopped breathing, according to the report. Officers said they could not find his pulse. The officers started CPR, the report said, and they made another call for an ambulance at 2:06 a.m.

Williams was pronounced dead at a hospital at 3:01 a.m.

Police said they found two guns in the car, one of which was stolen. They also said they found marijuana and "suspected controlled substances."

Six Raleigh police officers are on leave as the department and the State Bureau of Investigation investigates Williams' death.