MECKLENBURG COUNTY, N.C. -- While many sports are off-limits in Mecklenburg County parks, activities like running, golf, and tennis are allowed.
Aaron Mullennix is the director of tennis at Charlotte City Tennis, and says he's been getting calls from experienced and rookie players.
He says some of them have only played a few times growing up and want to play again.
While he says lessons aren't allowed yet, people can play under guidance.
The U.S. Tennis Association has some recommendations:
- Stay six feet apart
- Use new balls and a new grip if possible
- Consider not playing doubles
- Stay on your side of the court
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls
- Wash your hands after coming off the court