NORTH CAROLINA — The bank robbery suspect known as the "Bad Wig Bandit" was arrested Monday while trying to enter a Georgia military base, officials say.
Military police at Fort Benning took Patrick Alexander, 20, into custody after running his identification and discovering an active robbery warrant, according to a release.
Officials say Alexander is currently charged with one count of robbery with a dangerous weapon related to a Charlotte convenience store robbery and one count of common law robbery for a Huntersville bank robbery
Alexander is the suspect wanted in connection to the following crimes, according to authorities:
- December 13, 2019 - BB&T Bank 16710 Northcross Drive, Huntersville
- January 7, 2020 - New Horizon Bank 6440 Wilkinson Boulevard, Belmont
- January 7, 2020 - Wells Fargo 403 Cox Road, Gastonia
- January 16, 2020 - BB&T Bank 100 Dana Road, Hendersonville
- January 23, 2020 - Circle K 100 Red Roof Road, Charlotte
The crimes are being investigated by local and federal authorities.
Anyone with information is asked to call Gaston County Crime Stoppers at 704-861-8000, Mecklenburg County Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600, or the local FBI office.