CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A judge has ordered the entire 11-minute body camera video of a deadly officer-involved shooting that killed Danquirs Franklin to be released to the public.
- 'It's Heartbreaking': Charlotte Councilwoman Weighs in On Body Cam Video
- Investigation Into Fatal Officer-Involved Shooting Continues
We're told the video will be made available Wednesday at 5 p.m.
A hearing was set Tuesday for Charlotte-Mecklenburg police to explain why they didn't release the full video initially. This hearing was requested in a motion by a member of the media last week after about two minutes of the video was released.
The attorney for CMPD said they were going by the wording in the original petition for the video to be released.
Police Chief Kerr Putney has said he was open to releasing more of the video, as long as it didn't hurt the investigation. Some Charlotte city council members say the video released to the public only shows part of the story.
The council is asking for greater transparency from CMPD. Council members saw the entire body camera footage.