AUSTIN, Texas -- The 2020 South by Southwest Music Festival doesn’t get underway in Austin until March 16, but some of the artists sure to draw crowds were announced Wednesday.
There are 288 Showcasing Artists in all and they span 51 countries.
Among those artists announced Wednesday are:
- 2019 NPR Tiny Desk Contest winner Quinn Christopherson
- Indie rocker Beabadoobee
- South African hip-hop stars AKA and Cassper Nyovest
- Atlanta rapper GRIP
- Irish post-rock shoegazers Just Mustard
- Houston-based gospel/soul/funk group the Jones Family Singers
- Former Throwing Muses singer/guitarist Kristen Hersh
- Indigenous Australian rapper Baker Boy
- The Weather Girls’ Martha Wash
More information and a complete listing of Showcasing Artists can be found on SXSW’s website.