AUSTIN, Texas — Very soon hundreds will flock to Austin for the annual Austin City Limits festival.
The festival takes place Oct. 5-7 and 12-14. With so many people heading to Zilker Park and no parking allowed there during ACL, planning ahead can make for a safer, smoother experience.
Below is a map of road closure and potentially heavy traffic congestion areas:
How to get to and from the festival:
- Capital Metro
- Pick up a B-cycle from one of the dozens of stations around Austin and drop it off at the B-cycle station at Barton Springs Road and Sterzing Street.
- Hail a pedicab downtown on your way to ACL or hop into one as you leave. The staging area is on the northeast corner of Barton Springs Road and Azie Morton Road, near the festival entrance.
- Dockless bicycles and scooters
- Grab the closest dockless bike or scooter and leave it at the designated drop-off area along Toomey Road. There will be limited secondary parking along Azie Morton Road. No dockless devices will be allowed on the trail or at the event entrance.
- Please note: These are drop-off areas only and the units will be picked up and dispersed throughout the service area to prevent congestion and improve safety as people leave ACL. Units will not be available at these drop-off locations at the end of the night.
- Personal bicycles
- Pedal on down to the festival. We’ll provide racks for you to lock up your personal bicycle in the same lots as the dockless bicycle and scooter drop-off locations – along Toomey Road, with limited secondary parking along Azie Morton Road. There will also be limited personal bicycle parking along Stratford Drive (no dockless devices).
- Transportation network companies and taxicabs
- Hail a ride and get picked up or dropped off at one of three zones along either Wallingwood Drive, Lee Barton Drive or Veterans Drive. There will also be a taxicab stand southeast of William Barton Drive
- ACL shuttles operate from Republic Square on both weekends of the festival and will offer free rides to Zilker Park and the festival. Shuttle service begins at 10 a.m., and the final shuttle returns from the park at 11 p.m. each day of the festival.
- Pro tip: Take one of the mobility options below to Republic Square and let the shuttle driver take you the rest of the way!