DURHAM, N.C.— A theater in Durham has been named "Theater of the Year." The Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) was awarded the 2018 Ryman Auditorium Theater of the Year Award by the International Entertainment Buyers Association (IEBA).
- The DPAC was awarded the 2018 Ryman Auditorium Theater of the Year Award
- This is their first nomination
- They beat out venues in L.A., Chicago, and New York
This is the DPAC’s first nomination for this award. The DPAC was nominated along with seven other venues, including theaters in Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York.
2018 Theater of the Year Nominees:
- The Anthem – Washington, D.C.
- Beacon Theatre – New York, NY
- The Chicago Theatre – Chicago, IL
- DPAC – Durham, NC
- Microsoft Theater – Los Angeles, CA
- Orpheum Theatre – Minneapolis, MN
- Smart Financial Centre – Houston, Texas
“It’s a great honor for all of Durham, from the City leaders who envisioned and built this great theater,” said DPAC’s General Manager Bob Klaus.
The DPAC was also nominated in 2014 and 2015 for the Touring Billboards Awards for Top Venue Under 5,000 seats.