SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners announced the winners for its annual awards.
Over 300 guest came into the SSFCU Event Center on Thursday evening to join in honoring the recipients.
The event included a wine dive and silent auction, with 100 percent of the proceeds benefiting NAWBO’s Entrepreneurial Connections Foundation to empower young women to start their own businesses.
Here’s the list of winners:
- Deborah Bauer – leading commercial realty executive and founder of Drake Commercial Group
- Dawn Lafreeda – Owner of 81 Denny restaurant franchises, more than any other women in the country
- Allison C. Pyle – co-founder of WaterFleet, creators of a water purification system called the Water Rig that has entirely disrupted the remote work industry
- Paula Waggoner-Aguilar – CEO of The Energy CFO and founder of the Women’s Energy Network of South Texas
- Judith K. Zimmerman – President & Business Operations Manager for RVK Architects, one of San Antonio’s Top Places to work from 2012 to 2018 and employing over 53 men and women.
- Sally Cheever – Dedicated volunteer and highly regarded philanthropist in the San Antonio community, whose daughter Joan will accept the honor on her behalf. Sally’s legacy continues to live on through the Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center, named as such to honor her decades of service to the organization
It was the organization’s 20th year of the celebration.