AUSTIN, Texas – The Austin Transportation Department will be installing dockless mobility parking boxes on Friday in an effort to keep bicycles and scooters from blocking accessible areas.
The parking boxes will are installed in many areas, starting at 9 a.m. The first one will be located at 221 West 6th St.
The goal is to encourage people who use dockless devices to park in areas that do not restrain accessibility by other road users.
Other places the parking boxes will be installed include:
- 3rd Street between Nueces Street and San Antonio Street
- 4th Street at San Jacinto Boulevard
- San Jacinto Boulevard between 5th Street and 6th Street
- 3rd Street at Trinity Street
- 4th Street at Red River Street
- 5th Street at Pleasant Valley