Jeff Platt is Time Warner Cable News San Antonio's sports reporter, covering everything from high school football to the Alamo City's favorite team, the San Antonio Spurs.
Jeff earned his degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Southern California (Fight On!) and love's the thrill of playing poker.
Here are some other things you might not know about Jeff:
- Boring, but true: I'm a hoops junkie. Always watching games (NBA League Pass FTW), reading articles, and watching more games.
- Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich and I are best friends.
- No. 2 is a lie. But I think Pop is the best coach in the game, and love having the opportunity to cover the Spurs.
- "American Idol" is the greatest show in the history of television. That's not even anything about me, that's just a fact.
- I'm all-in on "The Bachelor." Oh, and "The Bachelorette." And how can you not watch "Bachelor In Paradise?!?!"
- Speaking of "all-in," I do play a little poker here and there. I've been fortunate enough to make deep runs in the World Series of Poker Main Event the last two years. I really want to win the tournament, so I think I'll just beat 6,500 other players and accomplish that goal this summer -- easy, no sweat.
- RELATED: Las Vegas is my favorite city in the entire world.
- I started my sports broadcasting career in Jackson, Mississippi. The Sports Director at one of the other affiliates?? Travis Recek, of TWC News & HS QB Rankings fame.
- My all-time favorite movie? A very close battle between the classics that are: "Rush Hour" & "Rush Hour 2."
- Finally, I'm a huge Mavs fan -- SHHHH, don't tell anybody in San Antonio!