AFRICAN-AMERICAN CULTURAL CENTER OF THE CAPITAL REGION
- Friday, Feb. 7: Members and Friends Exhibition
- Saturday, Feb. 8, and Saturday, Feb. 22: Young Futures Yoga
- Tuesday, Feb. 11: NAACP History, Past and Present
- Tuesday, Feb. 18: "Who Are the Moors? We Are!" presentation
- Saturday, Feb. 22: Orisa Jewelry making
- Friday, Feb. 28: "Black History Through Theater" presentation
HUDSON VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Tuesday, Feb. 4: "Selma" viewing, Noon-3 p.m., Siek Campus Center
- Wednesday, Feb. 5: "The Color Purple" viewing, Noon-3 p.m., Siek Campus Center
- Thursday, Feb. 6: "The Abolitionists" viewing, Noon-3 p.m., Siek Campus Center
- Friday, Feb. 7: "Malcolm X" viewing, Noon-3 p.m., Siek Campus Center
- Wednesday, Feb. 19: Troy's African-American Community: Its Quest for Freedom and Equality Before the American Civil War, 1 p.m., Bulmer Telecommunications Center
All events at Elston Hall
- Monday, Feb. 3: Black History Opening Ceremony
- Wednesday, Feb. 5: Club Carnival Spirit Day, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 6: Students and the VOTE presentation, Noon-1:15 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 10: Circle of Music - History of Soul Music, Then and Now, Noon-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12: Civic Engagement - The Importance of Being Involved in the Political Process, Noon-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 18: Let's Get Involved - Community Working Together, 11:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 19: Black History Month Luncheon, 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 20: Unheard No More: Power Through Action, Noon-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 26: The History of Black Wall Street, Noon-1 p.m.
ALBANY CAPITAL CENTER
Friday, Feb. 21: African Heritage Celebration, 7:30-9:30 p.m.
THE LINDA AT WAMC
Saturday, Feb. 8: A Month of Love and History, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 13: Celebration of Black History Month, 5:30-8 p.m., NYSUT headquarters (800 Troy-Schenectady Road, Latham)
- Sunday, Feb. 23: A Black History Month Celebration, 6-9 p.m.