With St. Patrick's Day celebrations commencing this weekend, police are announcing parking restrictions and road closures ahead of Albany's two Saturday parades.
The North Albany Limerick Parade runs from noon – 1 p.m., starting on North First Street at the North Albany American Legion post, along North Pearl Street and back. There won't be any parking restrictions, but there are road closures.
The Albany St. Patrick's Day parade runs from 2 – 4 p.m., with a 5-K run starting at noon. Both start on Central Avenue at Quail Street, going east on Central to Washington Ave., then east on State Street to Pearl Street.
Parking restrictions are as follows:
- Central Avenue, both sides from Ontario Street to North Lake Avenue; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Quail Street, east side from Central Avenue to Sherman Street; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Washington Ave, south side from Dove Street to South Swan St; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Eagle Street, east side from Corning Place to Pine Street; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- State Street, both sides from Lark Street east 3 spaces on each side; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- State Street, south side from South Swan Street east to Plaza Road east of Legislative Office Building; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- State Street, north side from Eagle Street to Pearl Streets; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- State Street, both sides from Pearl Street to Broadway; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- South Swan Street, east side from Madison Avenue to Washington Avenue; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Broadway, both sides from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue; 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Liberty Street, both sides from Hudson Avenue to Division Street; 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
For an Irish soda bread recipe seen on Your Morning Albany, as well as other things you may have seen on Spectrum News, check out our Seen On Air page.