A mother from Albany is facing charges after police say her infant daughter ingested heroin, while she was high and passed out from the drug herself.

Tuesday night, Carli Donovan brought her 13-month-old daughter to the hospital after she ingested heroin at their home. The child was given naloxone and is currently in stable condition.

Police later discovered that the baby had ingested heroin while Donovan was unconscious. When she woke up, she took the baby to the hospital.

Donovan is charged with reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child. She was arraigned and sent to jail on $40,000 bail.

Police say the child is lucky to be alive.

“Thankfully, the child did not ingest heroin to the point where there was a significant overdose," said Albany Police spokesperson Steve Smith. "Heroin is very dangerous, as we all know, and that drug does not discriminate.”