DURHAM, N.C.—Duke and UNC are fierce rivals on the basketball court. But two of the team’s former standout players are joining forces for a spirited competition for a cause.
Former UNC standout Brice Johnson is following friend, former Duke superstar Nolan Smith’s lead, becoming a Teen Cancer America ambassador. And to help raise money for the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and Duke Cancer Institute, the duo are hosting competing Hoop-a-Thons back to back in the Triangle.
Hoop-a-Thons For Teen Cancer
· Saturday, August 24
· Hosted by Brice Johnson of UNC in Chapel-Hill
· Sunday, August 25
· Hosted by Nolan Smith of Duke in Durham
· Helps support TCA programs at the Duke Cancer Institute and the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
· Participants receive swag bag with t-shirt & other giveaways, raffle prizes, silent auction and memorabilia.
· Online donations can be made any time.