TOWN OF HAMBURG, N.Y. -- A Hamburg man said his neighbors saved him from his burning apartment Monday night.

Fire crews were called to heavy fire at Bill Pike's home on Lakeview Terrace around 10:30 p.m. The three-alarm fire quickly spread and part of the first floor collapsed.

Pike said he had been sleeping on the couch, but his neighbor managed to wake him up.

"My neighbor was screaming out in front of the house. He came running over with a ladder. I tried to open my back door. The handle was hot, so I ran to the front window, came out the front window, and he came over with the ladder, saved me and my dog. Basically, he saved my life," he said.

No one was hurt. Pike said he will stay with family in the area.