In a story you'll only see on NY1, the husband of one of the women accused of plotting to bomb the city takes us inside their home and walks us through what happened when she was taken in to custody. 

Abu Bakr said his wife and two children were sleeping when federal agents came knocking early Thursday morning to arrest Noelle Velentzas on terrorism charges. 

"She was here sleeping on that side, and the little one here," Bakr said. 

Prosecutors say Velentzas and her friend Asia Siddiqui were plotting to build a homemade bomb and detonate it in the U.S.

"People asked how didn't I know, why I didn't know. Because that wasn't what she was doing. That wasn't what she was projecting," Bakr said. "If a person smokes and you don't see them, you can at least smell it. And it wasn't even like that with Noelle."

According to the federal complaint, Velentzas wanted to be a jihadist and had a knife she was planning to use if she got caught. Bakr said she always carried a knife. 

Bakr: I would think that any husband would want their wives or their daughters to be, or have some type of, to have that upper hand in protecting themselves. It's natural.
Boone: But federal prosecutors were saying that she was planning to use it in a - 
Bakr: They are saying a lot of other things that just doesn't add up.

Velentzas allegedly told an undercover officer that Osama bin Laden was a hero. 

Boone: How did they meet?
Bakr: They met at, I think at a protest. 

He believes the undercover officer may have set his wife up because he claims he never heard any terroristic threats from his wife. He said Velentzas spent a lot of time with the undercover officer, both inside and outside the home. 

"They hang out in the living room, because whenever they came, I would close the door, give the women their privacy, and I would stay here," Bakr said. "They went out to a restaurant to eat, their favorite restaurant."

After Velentzas' arrest, federal agents removed evidence from the house, including a pressure cooker. A pressure cooker was used in the Boston Marathon bombing. 

Bakr: There was a pressure cooker that was sitting there for more than about six months without ever being used.
Boone: Here, in this corner here?
Bakr: No, under there.
Boone: And what did she tell you the pressure cooker was for?
Bakr: I found it. I was the one who brought it home. 

Bakr said the couple moved to the house about seven years ago after they met through a mutual friend and got married. They have a 5-year-old daughter and an 11-year-old niece they adopted. Bakr is waiting for the right time to tell them what happened. 

Velentzas, who is half-Greek and half-Italian, was born on Long Island but lived in a few places. 

"Her father died when she was very young," Bakr said. "Her mother remarried and moved out to Puerto Rico, and she lived there for a big part of her life."

Bakr said Velentzas was a good mother and wife and he is standing by her. In the meantime, he is trying to figure out how he will raise two daughters by himself.