More than 62,000 households in Monroe County are expected to be impacted by the upcoming SNAP benefit reductions.
Foodlink is now partnering with the county to help those families. The nonprofit is opening up five pop-up emergency food distribution pantries this month.
The events will be held on the following dates:
- March 17, 2-4 p.m. — Foodlink headquarters, 2011 Mt. Read Boulevard
- March 22, 4-6 p.m. — Rochester Public Market
- March 23, 3-5 p.m. — Franklin High School, 950 Norton Street
- March 25, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. — Monroe County DHS, 691 St. Paul Street
- March 31, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. — Jefferson High School, 1 Edgerton Park
“We’d like to thank Monroe County, the City of Rochester Public Market and the Rochester City School District for partnering with us for these additional distributions,” said Julia Tedesco, president & CEO of Foodlink. “We know that no amount of charitable food can offset the financial impact of these cuts to SNAP, so we are also encouraging everyone to visit SNAP585.org to learn more about local resources during this challenging time.”
Registrations are on a first-come, first-serve basis. To register for a distribution event, visit www.FoodlinkNY.org/FindFood or call (585) 471-7340.