GREECE, N.Y. -- A North Greece family was forced out of its home on Christmas Eve when a chimney fire spread to the rest of the house. 

This happened on Long Park Lane shortly before 5 p.m. The fire moved to the second floor, causing heavy damage. 

Residents got out without injury, however, one firefighter did run into some trouble.

"We had one firefighter injured in that second floor," said North Greece Fire Department Chief, Sam Derosa. "Got into a tight space while he was trying to pull ceiling and open a line to get the fire knocked down and he twisted up his knee."

The affected residents, we're told, are staying with family for now.