One person is dead after a fire Thursday morning in Hamlin.
Officials from the Monroe County Sheriff's Office say two people were sleeping when the fire started in their Walker Lake Ontario Road home.
One of them was able to get out and go next door to call 911 — they also tried to alert the other inside by sounding the horn of a parked car.
Famlily identified the victim as 64-year-old Richard Haberger
The fire came a day after a car crash in front of the house that took out utility poles.
Investigators say National Grid tried to check service to the house but was not allowed inside.
"I know they did inspect some residences," said Monroe County Sheriff's Captain Douglas Comanzo. "I don't know if they got into all of them. We'll see if that may be a contributing factor."
The fire chief there said Thursday morning's winds off nearby Lake Ontario stoked the fire that destroyed the house.