Three suspects accused in the fatal shooting over the weekend in the Town of Ulster appeared in court on Tuesday.

Maurice Stansberry Sr. is charged with second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon. Two 17-year-olds also face second-degree murder charges.

They are all accused in the death of Mark Lancaster, who was shot dead just before noon on Saturday in the middle of Sawkill Road.

Tuesday, lawyers for both minor suspects waived their preliminary hearings in the case. A grand jury will meet for the case on Thursday, with Stansberry set to go back before a judge on Friday.

The mother of the victim shared her grief on the front porch of her midtown Kingston home on Monday. 

Lancaster, 39, was taken to the hospital after the shooting, where he later died.

"It's not even normal for a parent to bury their child, but this way?" said his mother, who asked not to be identified in this story. "He died in the street. They left him to die in the street."

Later on Saturday, police arrested three people in connection with the shooting — two unnamed 17-year-old boys and 38-year-old Stansberry. State Police could not elaborate Monday on what might have led to the shooting, since the investigation is ongoing.

Immediately following the shooting, police blocked off and searched two communities: the Sawkill Mobile Home Park on Sawkill Road, and Stony Run Apartments, about four miles from the scene on Hurley Avenue.

Stony Run Ground Supervisor Frank Jones told Spectrum News that police searched an apartment at the complex on Saturday afternoon. He said tenants and employees are relieved to hear the shooting suspects are in jail.

For close to 24 hours, they were unsure about whether anyone was still on the run following the shooting. They were watching police search for evidence up and down Hurley Avenue and in their parking lot on Sunday afternoon.

"You hear about things like this happening near schools and around town," Jones said. "Then, when you hear about it coming to your own job, it gets a little scary."

While there was one victim, all three suspects face two counts of murder: one standard murder charge and one for murder during the commission of a felony.