Sabres "Top Six" Bold Predictions for the 2018-19 Season:
- Sabres will have 85 points: That is a 23 point gain from last season where they were 25-45-12 for 62 points, but the addition of Rasmus Dahlin, Jeff Skinner, Conor Sheary, and others have them ready to move up the Atlantic standings.
- A Sabre will in the Calder (rookie of the year): Either defenseman Rasmus Dahlin or forward Casey Mittelstadt will be the league's top rookie.
- Jack Eichel will be a point per game player: Eichel has been within four points the last two years at netting a ppg, but this year he stays healthy and cracks the 82 points mark.
- Jeff Skinner shines and re-signs: Skinner will love his time in Buffalo as he puts home 65 points and re-signs with the team this offseason.
- Rasmus Dahlin scores 45 points: Aaron Ekblad was the last defenseman to go #1 overall and he finished with 39 points in 81 games. Dahlin has far more scoring touch than the Panthers blue liner and will show it this year.
- Tage Thompson becomes a fan favorite: When Buffalo traded away Ryan O'Reilly the return brought some questions as they didn't get a "top flight prospect" in return. Thompson makes fans eat those words as they fall in love with the monstrous forward.