BUFFALO, N.Y. — Drivers who travel through school zones in the city of Buffalo are advised to watch their speed.
The city's school zone safety cameras are up and running again Monday. There are cameras set up around 18 Buffalo schools.
The flashing lights will be on when the 15 mile-per-hour speed limit is being enforced.
Cameras were turned off while students were learning from home. Now, drivers will be automatically fined if they speed in the school safety zones.
The cameras are operating at the following school zones:
- Bennett Park Montessori, 342 Clinton St.
- Buffalo Promise Neighborhood Children’s Academy, 3149 Bailey Ave.
- Canisius High School, 1180 Delaware Ave.
- Dr. Blackman School, 2358 Main St.
- Eve School, 453 Leroy Ave.
- Grabiarz School/West Hertel, Military & Lawn / Military & Hertel Ave.
- Harvey Austin School, 1405 Sycamore St.
- Houghton Academy, 1725 Clinton St.
- Hutch Tech/ Herman Badillo Bilingual Academy, 256 Elmwood Ave. / 315 Carolina St.
- Lewis J. Bennett School, 2885 Main St.
- Olmsted School, 319 Suffolk St.
- Makowski School, 1095 Jefferson Ave.
- McKinley School, 1500 Elmwood Ave.
- Nichols School, 1250 Amherst St.
- Notre Dame Academy/Discovery School, 911 Abbott Road / 1125 Abbott Road
- Performing Arts, 450 Masten Ave.
- Porter School/ DaVinci School, 255 Porter Ave. / 320 Porter Ave.
- St. Joseph University School, 3275 Main St.