ORLANDO, Fla. — Nearly 100,000 pounds of chicken products sold at Walmart and other supermarkets are under recall because of undeclared allergens.
- Chicken meals sold at Walmart, Winn Dixie, Harveys, Bi-Lo
- The meals have an undeclared allergen in them
- Consumers who bought these products should throw them away or return them
VICS Acquisition is recalling the happi foodi Bloody Mary-inspired chicken frozen meal sold at Walmarts nationwide, and the SE Grocers Marsala Chicken and Mediterranean-style Herb Chicken frozen meals sold at Southeast Grocers stores, which includes Winn Dixie, Harveys, Fresco y Mas, and Bi-Lo stores throughout the southeastern United States.
The USDA says the products contain eggs, which are a known allergen, but that is not included on the ingredient labels. So far there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions.
The USDA says consumers who may have bought these products are urged to throw them away or return them to the store they were bought from. If you have any questions, you can talk to the USDA's virtual representative 24 hours a day, "Ask Karen," on the USDA Ask Karen website.
You can also call the company at 201-559-9806.
If you bought the items sold at Southeastern Grocers stores, you can call the customer center at 1-866-946-6349, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., EDT.
The products are:
- 1.5-lb. frozen steam bag meal of “happi foodi BLOODY MARY INSPIRED CHICKEN” with lot codes 14528 and 15092, and use by dates of March 2, 2020 and April 15, 2020
- 1.5-lb. frozen steam bag meal of “SE Grocers MARSALA CHICKEN” with lot codes 14177 and 14532, and use by dates of Feb. 8, 2020 and March 3, 2020
- 1.5-lb. frozen steam bag meal of “SE Grocers MEDITERRANEAN STYLE HERB CHICKEN” with lot codes 14145 and 14531, and use by dates of Feb. 7, 2020 and March 4, 2020