AUSTIN, Texas — Although South By Southwest will look a little different in 2021, event organizers are already dropping announcements for what’s to come.
SXSW made its first programing announcement Tuesday for its online event. Some of the more well-known speakers are:
- Dominique Crenn - Three-Michelin-starred chef
- Cynthia Erivo - Multi award-winning actress and singer
- Cherie Hu - Founder and publisher of Water & Music
- Wyclef Jean - Grammy award-winning musician and actor
- Michael Lewis - New York Times bestselling author
- Mark Mothersbaugh - DEVO cofounder
- Maria Sharapova - World-class tennis champion and entrepreneur
- Baratunde Thurston - Writer, activist, and comedian
- Andrew Zimmern - Four-time James Beard Award-winning TV personality and chef
“Spanning numerous industries, the Featured Speakers in today’s announcement strongly reflect the programming themes that will underscore our upcoming event,” said Chief Programming Officer Hugh Forrest. “As always, SXSW brings together the world’s most important thought leaders to address society’s most important challenges.”
More speakers will be announced in January.
The online event takes place March 16-20.