TEXAS – Cedar Fever is here which means those with allergies are dealing with watery eyes and a runny nose.
In this week's Mindful Moment, Spectrum News anchor LeAnn Wallace shows us a few yoga poses that can help you find a little relief from those symptoms.
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
- A gentle back bend that encourages the chest and lungs to expand
- Hips above the shoulders counter slouching done while sitting at computers, cars, and in this case – constantly blowing our runny noses
Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana)
- Can calm the mind and relieve any stress as a result of being under the weather
- Legs up the wall can improve circulation and ease lower back tension
Plow Pose (Halasana)
- Relieves pressure built up in the body during allergy season
- Opens the muscles at the back of the neck and near the base of the skull
- Slowly take deep breaths in and out, allowing the body to let go of any built up tension
Standing Separate-Leg Head-to-Knee Pose (Dandayamana Bibhaktapada Janushirasana)
- Compresses throat and belly which can stimulate blood flow to the area
- Known to boost the immune system and metabolic functions by stimulating thyroid
- Because the head is down in an inversion, the pose acts as a natural flushing mechanism for blocked sinuses
Previous Mindful Moments:
Tarot Cards: When you think tarot cards, your brain may immediately jump to fortune telling. But what you may not realize is these cards can be used as a creative problem-solving method.
Cacao: When most people think of cacao, they think of chocolate. But what if there was a healthful alternative to the sweet treat?
Sound Healing: There are many ways to heal and many people underestimate how sound can help in that process.