SAN ANTONIO -- The Judson ISD Board of Trustees approved the budget for the 2019-2020 budget on Thursday, which included a compensation plan.
The goal was to provide a sustainable plan that compensates employees and allows Judson ISD to provide a quality educational environment.
That compensation plan for the 2019-2020 school year includes:
- Teachers, nurses, librarians and counselors with 6 or more years of experience will receive an increase of $1,930
- Teachers, nurses, librarians and counselors with 6 or more years experience will receive a retention incentive amount in December that will be evenly distributed from an amount not to exceed $500,000
- Teachers, nurses, librarians and counselors with 1-5 years experience will receive an increase of $1,630
- Auxiliary staff will see an increase of 2.75%, while child nutrition employees will get 3.0% more base on the midpoint of the pay grade
- Bus drivers should expect an increase of $1 an hour more
- Administrative staff are to receive a 1.5 percent increase in pay based on the midpoint of the pay grade.
In addition, the Judson ISD Board approved a retention incentive for all the campuses within the Wagner feeder pattern for the 2020-2021 school year.
This incentive for retention is for $1,000 for teachers and $500 for instructional paraprofessionals to be paid in September of 2020.