Some 40,000 pounds of ham were cooked to a crisp on Interstate 10 Sunday night when an 18-wheeler carrying the lunch meat caught fire after a tire blowout.
According to the Leon Springs fire chief, the driver pulled into an Exxon on the eastbound access road. He tried to put out the fire with an extinguisher but wasn't successful.
Firefighters found the truck engulfed in flames.
No one was hurt.
Join the Discussion:
More Stories of Interest:
- Death Row Exoneree: Texas Got it Wrong With Willingham Execution
- Human Remains Found in McAllister Park
- Hip Hop Dancers, Artists Come Together at Art of War Festival
- Float Fest Returns to San Marcos with More Days, Live Music
- Edgewood ISD Board to Appoint Interim Superintendent
- San Marcos Chamber Highlights Local Businesses at 30th Annual Expo