As luck would have it, we'll probably reach 100-102 out there again this afternoon before a weak "cool" front brings some relief.  Plan on a heat index up around 103 to 106 by 4 o'clock.  There's a 20% chance for showers & storms at play today.  Remember, when thunder roars, head indoors!

Current Conditions | Satellite & Radar | Travel Maps 
7 Day Forecast | Allergy

For what it's worth, yesterday's 102 was the hottest of the past 10 days in Austin and marked our 33rd triple digit day of the year in town.  At the Airport, a high of 101 brought the "hot count" tally up to 22 at that location.

We'll go with a 30% chance for rain/storms locally tonight through tomorrow.  Futurecast shows the front sinking closer to Austin as we close out the week then gradually washing out (or disappating) as we get into Saturday.  It's a 40% rain/storm chance for the first half of the weekend then a 30% chance for Sunday.

Although we don't think cooler north winds will have much impact, the extra clouds and presence of showers should help lower our overall temps by a few degrees with forecast highs in the low to mid 90s for our weekend ahead.

At least one NOAA forecast calls for as much as 10 inches of rain in parts of Texas!  Be sure to join us for 'Weather on the 1s' on TV or the live stream to see how much we might get.  We'll show you the latest models and also take a look at the long range forecast.

WEATHER ON THE GO:   Download the Spectrum News app and watch our live stream no matter where you are!
GET WEATHER ALERTS:  Sign up to receive weather text alerts from the Spectrum News Weather Team

Keep cool!
--Chief Meteorologist Burton Fitzsimmons (@Burton_Spectrum)