BAY AREA, Fla. — The approach of Tropical Storm Nestor toward Florida is prompting cancellations and closures across the Bay area.
This disturbance will result in rounds of rain for the Bay area, heavy at times. Parts of the state, especially the Panhandle will receive gusty winds.
We'll use this page to post them as they come into Spectrum Bay News 9.
POPS IN THE PARK
The Florida Orchestra is extremely disappointed to announce that rain, Saturday high winds and saturated ground have forced us to cancel our Pops in the Park concert at Vinoy Park this evening in the interest of the safety of our patrons and crew. At this time, we have no alternative date scheduled. Our free concert at River Tower Park in Tampa on Sunday is still on at 7 pm.
Florida State Univesity
- FSU main campus will be closed effective 12 midnight until noon Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019.
- The FSU Panama City (FL) campus will close today at 4 p.m. CT and will reopen at noon CT Saturday.
- For more info go to https://alerts.fsu.edu/
Florida A&M University
FAMU's Tallahassee and Crestview campuses will be closed from 8 p.m. ET Friday to 8 p.m. ET Saturday. For those living on campus, the main dining room will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday. All retail locations will be closed. The FAMU football game against N.C. A&T is being postponed until 2 p.m. Sunday.
Haunted Halloween Hayride & Happenings, hosted by Polk County’s Parks and Natural Resources at Loyce Harpe Park in Mulberry, has been cancelled.
- Making Strides of Tampa at Raymond James Stadium has been re-scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 3.
- Due to the impending inclement weather, tomorrow’s post-game Pepsi concert featuring LOCASH will now be inside Amalie Arenainstead of on Ford Thunder Alley as originally planned.
- Making Strides of Pinellas at Vinoy Park will be rescheduled.
- Sunken Gardens announced they are rescheduling their carnivorous plant program to Sunday, Oct. 20 from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Due to the impending rain and wind event and out of concern for attendee safety, Friday's performances at the Clearwater Jazz Holiday are canceled. Attendees who are planning to attend on Saturday, Oct. 19, and Sunday, Oct. 20 performances should go to www.clearwaterjazz.com or Jazz Holiday social media accounts to see if there are any weather-related delays. Cancellations are not anticipated on Saturday or Sunday but there may be delays in opening.
- The Junk Drop and Hazmat disposal event has been rescheduled to November 9th at the 49th Street Neighborhood Center, 1617 49th Street South, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Due to the inclement weather, the OsGood Point Trail Connector Grand Opening Ceremonies has been rescheduled to Saturday, October 26th at 9 a.m.
- SATURDAY at the St. Petersburg Science Festival has been canceled. ALL SATURDAY activities for Science Festival and MarineQuest are cancelled because of the impending tropical system in the Gulf of Mexico. All Friday activities are going on as planned, with an expected 1500 students and junior scientists from local schools participating.
- Due to the anticipated inclement weather, Hallowfest 2019 has been cancelled
- The Italian Food & Wine Festival, scheduled for Albert Whitted Park Friday from 6-11 pm has been cancelled
- The East Lake Fire Rescue 6th Annual 5K Run/Walk for Charity that was scheduled for Saturday, October 19th, 2019 is officially cancelled due to weather and safety concerns. Packet Pick up will continue to go on 10/18/19 at station 57 until 7pm. There will be no 5K Run, walk and no after party at the station on 10/19/19. We are considering the possibility of rescheduling the event, more information on that to come.
- Keep Pinellas Beautiful (KPB), your local Keep America Beautiful affiliate, hosting the Pinellas County International Coastal Cleanup, in partnership with the Ocean Conservancy, will be postponing the scheduled events tomorrow, Saturday, October 19th due to inclement weather.
- October 19th: City of North Redington Beach - CANCELLED
- October 19th: Indian Rocks Beach with Greentown Kids - CANCELLED
- October 19th: Gandy Beach Cleanup with Tampa Bay Fishing Club - CANCELLED
- October 19th: Tangerine Plaza Community Cleanup + EV Test Ride Event - CANCELLED
- October 19th: Cleanup with Tradewinds Eco Team - CANCELLED
- October 19th: Sand Key Park Cleanup - CANCELLED
- October 19th: Upham Beach Cleanup - CANCELLED
- Fergtoberfest II and Warrant concert is cancelled
ST. PETERSBURG FL: We regret to inform you that due to tropical storm weather predicted for the entire Tampa Bay region we are cancelling tonight’s Fergtoberfest II concert event and performance by Warrant. The safety of our patrons, bands and staff always comes first so the band and we decided it was best to cancel tonight’s show. We anticipate announcing shortly a new show date for Warrant to take place in Spring 2020. We will honor all existing tickets, Rays invitations, ticket winners and guests who planned to attend tonight's concert event for the Spring show, so hold onto your tickets (whether electronic, paper or other) for the new date. If you would prefer to obtain a refund of your existing ticket you may do so by contacting the ticket company and point of purchase.
- The Florida Orchestra's Pops in the Park concert at Vinoy Park on Saturday evening has been canceled. At this time, there is no alternative date scheduled. Its free concert at River Tower Park in Tampa on Sunday is still on at 7 p.m.
- Making Strides of Sarasota-Manatee at Nathan Benderson Park has been canceled.
- Halloween Social Postponed at Palmetto Historical Park and Ag Museum
- Due to the inclement weather forecast for October 19th, the Manatee County Agricultural Museum and Palmetto Historical Park are postponing the Halloween Social. It is rescheduled for Saturday, November 2nd from 4-8 PM with the costume contest at 5 PM. There will be trick-or-treating, crafts, games, face painting, and lots of other spooky happenings. While in the park, visit a Shark Encounter in the Ag Museum and in the Carnegie Library you will see spies lurking around every corner. Fabulous Fatimir will be telling fortunes. The Bag o’ Bones Tat Shack will be tatting up visitors. Local service clubs Ellenton-Parrish Lions Club, Manatee Riverside Rotary, and North Manatee Kiwanis Club will be stationed throughout the Park for ghoulish fun. Seafood Shack will be the food vendor and Alex’s Lemonade Stand will be raising funds for childhood cancer research. This family event is FREE, but donations are accepted!
For more information, call 721-2304 or email email@example.com