ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Skies will be mostly clear overnight into early Thursday morning. Humidity levels have come back up a bit, so it’s not going to cool down as much as a few mornings ago.
Expect lows in the low to mid 70s, but with some upper 60s from the I-4 corridor northward.
- Hotter afternoons
- Tiny chance of a shower
- Rain chance remains low
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
With the humidity up slightly it will feel a bit muggier the next few days.
Thursday will start out sunny with skies going partly cloudy in the afternoon. There will be just enough atmospheric moisture for a 10 percent chance of a shower, so the majority of the area will still be dry.
The afternoon highs will feel warmer the next few days, getting into the low to mid 90s away from the water.
Thursday night will go back to mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 70s.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Friday will be sunny to partly cloudy with highs in the low to mid 90s.
This weekend will feature similar weather with some subtle changes. Saturday will be sunny to partly cloudy with a 10 percent chance of an afternoon shower. Highs will be in the low to mid 90s.
Sunday will turn breezy, which will help to take an edge off the heat, so expect highs right at about 90. There will be a couple of showers that come across the state from the east, so we will bump the chance of a shower up to 20 percent.
We’re still waiting on that first big cold front of the season and hoping it will come soon. As of right now, some early indications show we might get the first front somewhere between Oct. 5 and 10. We will keep an eye on it.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location