A woman and a 9-year-old girl were shot to death overnight in a Riverview home, and a suspect has been charged and jailed.

  • Deputies: Woman, girl found dead in Riverview home overnight
  • Ronnie Oneal III, 29, faces murder, arson charges
  • Boy found injured taken to TGH

Another child, an 8-year-old boy, was rushed into surgery after being found critically injured. 

According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, Ronnie Oneal III has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted first-degree murder. He was also charged with first-degree arson and resisting arrest.

The woman was identified as Kenyatta Barron, 33. The 9 year old was identified on March 23 by authorities as Ron'Niveya Oneal, the daughter of Oneal III and Barron.

The boy was identified as Ronnie Oneal IV.

Deputies responded to a domestic violence call at 13246 Pike Lake Drive just before midnight. A 911 call had reported shots fired at the home. 

When deputies arrived, they found a woman dead outside the home. Deputies also noticed smoke and flames inside the home. 

Deputies went into the home and found the girl, dead from "apparent homicidal violence to the upper body." 

Deputies responded to a domestic violence call at 13246 Pike Lake Drive just before midnight.

The boy was found awake but critically injured. He was taken to Tampa General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Officials are still investigating and detectives are working closely with arson investigators from Hillsborough County Fire Rescue, the Florida State Fire Marshall's Office, the Hillsborough  County State Attorney's Office and the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's Office.


Like most neighbors in the area, Erica Worthy said she was shocked to learn of Oneal's arrest.

"Honestly, I couldn't believe it," she said. "I just really couldn't believe it."

"He was always interacting with the kids," Worthy said. "They played football together, basketball together."

Spectrum Bay News 9 checked the suspect's background and found an arrest record for drugs and traffic violations. There was no record of violence by the suspect in Hernando Couty.

Worthy said she and other neighbors are praying for the boy.

"I wish to God this didn't happen. I don't wish this on anyone," she said.