ORLANDO, Fla. -- Universal Orlando ended a week of creature reveals with the blast-ended skrewt.
- Blast-ended skrewt to be featured on Hagrid's coaster
- Creature never appeared in the Harry Potter film series
- Other creatures include centaurs, cornish pixies and Fluffy
- RELATED: Devil's Snare to be featured on Hagrid's coaster
The magical creature will be part of Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, which is set to open June 13.
First mentioned in the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" book, the blast-ended skrewt is described as a mix between a giant scorpion and a crab.
"Skrewts aren't afraid to attack other skrewts they encounter and have incredibly strong armor that can't be penetrated by spells," Universal said in a blog post.
The skrewts will riders will encounter will be up to 8 feet long, with 10 foot high tails topped with a massive stinger. And skrewts have a scent that smells like rotting fish, which riders may catch a whiff of along the way.
Hagrid's coaster will also feature centaurs, cornish pixies, Devil's Snare and Fluffy, the three-headed dog. Riders will encounter those creatures and other magical elements as they make their way through the Foribben Forest.
- Download the Spectrum News app and turn on notifications to receive a weekly Attractions Briefing every Friday.