1) Jack + Skinner = Fantastic: Jack Eichel has never played with a winger like Jeff Skinner and the two look like they are a match made in Heaven. The speedy forward coming over from a trade with Carolina should be all it takes to push Eichel over the Point Per Game mark this season.
2) The Bottom 6 is way better: The Sabres basically had one scoring line last year and that was whatever one Eichel was centering. As things look right now some combination of Casey Mittelstadt, Vladimir Sobotka, Zemgus Girgensons, Evan Rodrigues, Tage Thompson, Alexander Nylander, and Jason Pominville are the bottom six and that is the best this team has had in at least five years.
3) Dahlin + Eichel + Reinhart is a nasty power play: We knew this trio would be an important one for Buffalo especially in 5-on-5 where they struggle, but as we saw against Columbus that speed and tape-to-tape passing will be fun on the man-advantage.
4) Let's move on from Baptiste and Bailey: This fan base has obsessed with those two becoming the next superstar, but they cleared waivers for a reason. These two are great depth players for the Amerks, but it is time to forget the dreams of them making major impacts in Buffalo.
5) Alex Nylander has arrived: After a couple years of frustration with his play the 8th overall pick looks to have found his stride and maturation. His 5 points (1+4) in the preseason led the Sabres and he looks to have found his way into the lineup with the big club to start. Now he did still have some lapses on defense, but this is a huge step forward.
6) Entertainment Value: Over the last several years it has been hard to watch the Sabres and I'm being paid to do it. That changes this season and it will be a hot ticket to watch this young team blossom. ENJOY IT, YOU DESERVE IT!
BONUS #7) Give Eichel the C