FAIRPORT, N.Y. -- Firefighters believe an overheated tractor was the cause of a fire which began around 3:30 p.m. Monday on Old Post Road in Fairport.

Firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to the home, but it did sustain smoke damage.

Shortly after wrapping up yard work and putting the tractor in the garage, firefighters say a person in the house saw smoke and flames and called 911.

At the same time, a water main broke two houses away. Firefighters say it caused some minor water supply issues before the problem was resolved.