RALEIGH, N.C.—North Carolina’s rich history in film-making is being celebrated this weekend, through the 5th annual Longleaf Film Festival. Featuring around 59 short and feature-length documentaries and narrative films, the free event highlights movies with a connection to the Tar Heel state.
Socials, panels, meet-and-greet sessions, screenings and an awards ceremony makeup the two-day festival that’s open to the public, filmmakers, family and friends. And don’t forget the free popcorn!
The Longleaf Film Festival
Where: The North Carolina Museum of History
5 E Edenton St, Raleigh
When: May 10-11, 2019
Schedule of Events:
Friday, May 10
- Reception for Filmakers & Friends, 6:15 p.m.- 8:15 p.m.
- Movies-N-Moonlight, 8:30 p.m.- 10 p.m
Saturday, May 11
- Film Block A, 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Morning Panel: Wide Angle Lens, 11 a.m.- noon
- Film Block B, 1 p.m.- 3 p.m.
- Afternoon Panel: Legal Insights for Filmmakers, 2 p.m.- 3 p.m.
- Film Block C, 3 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- Film Block D, Daniels Auditium5 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony, 7:30 p.m.
- Wrap Party, 8:30 p.m.- 10 p.m.
For additional information, click here.