Looking for something to do in the Tar Heel State this weekend? From wine and beer to barbecue to Halloween fun, there's something for everyone, with many events happening around the state.
Check out 10 events below:
- SCarowinds - Charlotte, N.C. at 14523 Carowinds Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28273; Park opens at 7 p.m.; Admission from $36
It's the last weekend for the annual "scream park" at SCarowinds. Enjoy over 16 haunted attractions and shows. Sunday is bring a friend day with tickets priced at $33. See more from behind the scenes here.
- Grave Diggers Ball - Charlotte, N.C. Grave Diggers Parking Lot, 514 N. College St., Charlotte, N.C.; Oct. 28, 6 p.m. - 11 p.m.; Admission from $20
Come out for the area's largest costume contest with $10,000 in cash and prizes. The event features live DJs and this year's performance by Macklemore.
- 12th Annual Charloween Bar Crawl - Charlotte, NC at venues across Charlotte, 5:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m., Friday, Oct. 27; $15 for bar crawl ticket
Check in at any of the participating locations throughout the night. Participating Venues: Strike City, TILT, Lucky's, Bubble, Breakfast Club, Tequilla House, Connolly's, Prohibition, Fitzgerald's (Opens at 9pm to the bar crawl), Flight, Howl at the Moon, Tin Roof, SIP, Imperial, Oak Room, Slate, The Local, Blackfinn, Vida Vida, Rooftop 210, Ri Ra, Whisky River AND The Men's Club.
- 3rd Annual Wine Festival - Raleigh, N.C. at Midtown Park at North Hills, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 28; Price: $37.63 - $58.68
Sample wines from more than 30 wineries from across North Carolina. Food trucks, exhibitors and entertainment will also be on hand.
- Barbecue Festival - Lexington, N.C. in uptown Lexington at Main Street and adjoining side streets between 4th Street and 5th Avenue; 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 28; Free admission
Enjoy barbecue from local barbecue vendors, a small carnival, a wine garden and live entertainment. End the night with a fireworks show.
- Lighthouse Beer and Wine Festival - Wrightsville Beach, N.C. at North Waterfront Park in Wilmington; Saturday, Oct. 28 from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.; tickets range from $40 - $55
There will be more than 100 craft breweries and wineries all in one place. If you want to get a taste of some of the bests beer and wine this state has to offer, you might want to stop by and enjoy a few sips.
- 30th Annual Carolina Kite Festival - Atlantic Beach, N.C. at 1400 E. Fort Macon Road; Saturday, Oct. 28 & Sunday, Oct. 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a special night fly at 6 p.m.
See colorful kites from around the world. There will be activities for the kids as well as team flying.
- Onslow Oktoberfest - Jacksonville, N.C. at Riverwalk Crossing, 421 Court St., Friday, Oct. 27 through Saturday, Oct. 28.
The festival is a fundraiser for community outreach that features live music, a 5K plus rides and games.
- Calabash Oktoberfest - Calabash, N.C. at 10102 Beach Drive, Saturday, Oct. 28 from 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Free admission
Feast on authentic Bavarian food, Oktoberfest beer, live music and there is even a wiener dog race.
- NC Yam Festival - Tabor City, N.C., runs through Oct. 28
Come out to the Yam Festival for everything from a parade, auction and car show to a craft show and food concessions. Parade kicks off at 10 a.m. Arts and crafts and food runs from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.