RALEIGH, N.C.-- While many parents and students are looking to take the summer off, experts say now is the time for those in their later years of high school, to be taking the steps needed to prepare for college. We go In Depth with the Co-Founder of College Transitions, for tips on how to make the process a little easier.
Michael Trivette offers the following tips to parents and students:
- Develop and finalize a list of prospective colleges.
- Create a Common App account and begin writing a draft of your Common App essay after selecting from the five essay prompts.
- Construct your college resume/student activities sheet.
- Contact 2 or 3 teachers and ask for their letter of recommendation.
- Complete online information request forms on various college websites to begin demonstrating interest.
- Test prep for standardized testing.