Amy Elliott joined the Spectrum News team in Wilmington in June 2011 and now works in the Raleigh newsroom. Prior to moving to Wilmington, Amy worked as a one-man band reporter and anchor at WDNN in Dalton, Georgia.
Amy was raised in Jefferson City, Tennessee. Even as a child, she always believed she wanted to be a television reporter. Amy made her way to North Carolina during her college years at Gardner-Webb University where she received her bachelor's degree in journalism in 2009. She had the opportunity to intern with WBIR in Knoxville, Tennessee, as well as WCCB in Charlotte.
After spending her college years in Boiling Springs, Amy is very happy to once again call North Carolina home!
Here are five other things you might not know about Amy:
- I met my husband at a youth missions camp called Passport.
- My favorite food is fried okra.
- I won a Metrolina Theatre Award in Charlotte for Outstanding Female Lead my senior year of college.
- My hair is naturally curly.
- The only time I have been rendered speechless is when I met my childhood crush, Zac Hanson.