NORTH CAROLINA -- After Florence caused much destruction, power outages, and flooding around North Carolina, some areas are beginning the re-entry process.
RELATED: FLORENCE: List of evacuations across NC
- Bogue Banks - Sept. 16
- Emerald Isle - Sept. 16 at 1 p.m. (must enter by Emerald Isle Bridge)
- Indian Beach - Sept. 16 at 1 p.m. (must enter by Emerald Isle Bridge)
- Salter Path - Sept. 16 at 1 p.m.; residents may receive re-entry permits from sheriff's representative Chief Deputy Fulcher at the Emergency Operations Center at 9 a.m. ((must enter by Emerald Isle Bridge, and must have photo ID and proof of property ownership to re-enter)
- Atlantic Beach - Sept. 16 at 1 p.m.
- Pine Knolls Shore - Sept. 17 at 1 p.m.
The Hatteras Terminal is still not operational due to the damage on Hwy 12 in Ocracoke. NCDOT crews are on site and working hard to get repairs done. The Cedar Island Terminal has not be assessed yet. There is no time table on when they will be operational.
Entry is first come first served for emergency personnel, essential island personnel, vendors, and permanent residents. The ferry schedule for the Swan Quarter - Ocracoke route for Monday, Sept. 17 will be as follows:
- Swan Quarter Departures - 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
- Ocracoke Departures - 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., and 7:30 p.m.
Re-entry process will either occur Tuesday or Wednesday, but crews are working to bring residents back sooner if at all possible.
PINE KNOLL SHORES
Re-entry will be offered Monday at 1 p.m. Residents will need a re-entry pass and enter on the Atlantic Beach Bridge.
The Emerald Isle bridge is open for re-entry permit holders only from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, until further notice. Individuals without a previously-issued Town of Emerald Isle re-entry permit will not be allowed through the checkpoint.
Stay with Spectrum News for more re-entries as they're granted.
Stay up to date on the clean-up and aftermath of Florence:
- Florence resources and helpful links
- How to begin the steps to recovery
- Residents return after Florence
- Like us on Facebook
- Watch Live
- Closings and delays
- Download the App