NORTH CAROLINA -- There was a series of new laws passed in North Carolina throughout 2017.
These laws will take effect Monday, Jan. 1, 2018.
Check the ones below to see how they'll affect you.
- Driver's education training: An act to require driver instruction on law enforcement procedures during traffic stops.
- Combatting opioid abuse: Will help strengthen opioid misuse prevention by extending standing orders for opioid antagonists to community health.
- Electoral Freedom Act: Changes the definition of a "political party" by reducing the number of signatures required for the formation of a new political party.
- Criminal offense to vandalize fire and EMS equipment
- Deaf or hard of hearing designation: Directs the DMV to develop a designated drivers license that may be granted upon request to the deaf or hard of hearing.
See all of the laws passed below.