Action star Ruby Rose is back on the big screen in another thriller, SAS: Red Notice, and tells us about slowing down in the genre.
- The movie follows an ex-Special Forces soldier who comes face-to-face with an army of mercenaries intent on blowing up a train in the Channel Tunnel.
- Ruby Rose is an Australian model, actor, and television presenter. She came to attention as a presenter on MTV Australia in 2007, followed by several high-profile modeling gigs, including being the face of Maybelline New York in Australia. She co-hosted various television shows, most notably Australia's Next Top Model and The Project on Network Ten. Rose came to global attention for her role in season three of the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black. She also had prominent roles in Resident Evil's: The Final Chapter, XXX: Return of Xander Cage, and John Wick: Chapter 2, and co-starred in the musical comedy Pitch Perfect 3 and the monster film The Meg. She also starred in the lead role of Kate Kane in the first season of the CW TV series Batwoman. "I've learned lessons from everyone from Vin to Mila, and every film I've done had a lot more experience than me. I would pick up on things they said or do around certain stunts because Mila and Vin and all people who want to do all their own stunts and as many times as they can but there also comes a time when Mila might say, 'OK, I have five of these in me, and then I'll need the stunt double to do the rest to do special shots,'" she said.
- Rose continued to learn from her co-stars, saying, "Jason Statham was another one who was really good with the water situation. He and I wanted to jump into [the] ocean, and everyone else wanted the tanks, but we went into the ocean. He was another one, I could tell when he was comfortable and uncomfortable, but mostly he was comfortable cause he's like an Olympic swimmer. But it's more or less listening to [your] body and knowing how much you have left in you and have to leave the pride behind and understand, 'OK, I need a break, or I'll hand this over to the stunt double.' Someone who I love who does a lot of action is Charlize Theron. She has the exact same replacement neck that I do from doing action. She had a pinched nerve, which I had before as well, and everyone I know has had, it's part of, you don't get injured like that on rom-coms."
- In 2019, Rose underwent emergency back surgery for a spine issue that led to two herniated discs caused by doing physical stunts on the set of Batwoman. She said if she did not have the surgery, she was at risk of being paralyzed.
- Rose came out as a lesbian at age 12. She was convinced she was a boy while growing up, and she was saving up money to transition from female to male.
- When she was starting her modeling career with Maybelline, she was still an amateur boxer. She said she would "still do boxing while I had this Maybelline contract, so my face was all they wanted and cared about cause it's Maybelline brand. Yeah, I went on to compete, and I won. My mom was terrified and mortified and couldn't watch the screen the whole time, and Maybelline said, 'Oh, we don't know about this,' so I eventually stopped boxing."