For the first time, jurors and the public are getting to see unfiltered videos and photos from inside Pulse nightclub, showing the moments before, during and after a deadly attack.

Those videos and photos are as graphic as one can imagine.

The video shows gunman Omar Mateen buying admission into the club, spending about 11 minutes inside and leaving and then returning minutes later and starting his attack.

The courtroom was in absolute silence as this video played out. Jurors and people in the gallery watched with their eyes locked on the screens.

Noor Salman, Mateen's widow, who is now on trial accused of helping her husband plan this attack, simply sat there, her head down, tilted to the side.

At one point, officers coming into the club were trying to see if there are survivors, but then they found more gunfire.

Dozens of bodies of victims, scattered throughout the club and inside the bathrooms, could be seen.

And some of those photos show Mateen's lifeless body as well as the firearms nearby that he used to carry out this attack.

Later video showed SWAT blowing a hole through the wall of the Pulse bathroom, trying to help people escape.

All of this was used during testimony by two different FBI special agents, as they described first clearing the scene of any possible explosives and then going through the carnage and collecting evidence and taking measurements.

The FBI spent nine days at Pulse going through that process.

As the attack was still underway – police and the FBI moved to the family’s home in Fort Pierce, where they met with Noor Salman. 

An FBI Special Agent would testify that Salman seemed at first calm and cooperative, but then made odd statements, like saying her husband was always safe with guns, and asked if she was being taken to Disney World.

Agents say they found this odd considering they never told Salman that her husband was involved in a club shooting in Orlando. 

Jurors also heard from the medical examiner describing how many of these victims were shot multiple times, at short distance.

Mateen killed 49 people killed with more than a combined 200 gunshot wounds.

The judge also reiterated to the jury that Salman must be viewed as innocent until the U.S. proves its case. The defense maintains that Salman knew nothing about her husband's plans.

Witness testimony begins

Witnesses for prosecutors set the story of the Pulse nightclub attack on June 12, 2016.


Special FBI agent Lynn Billings oversaw the evidence collection at Pulse. Once FBI agents could get into Pulse, she described seeing "a lot of bodies, a lot of blood and a lot of shell casings."

Billings also described the sound of cell phones constantly ringing throughout the day, presumably from loved ones trying to reach those who were dead.

Photos of the Sig Sauger and Glock guns used by Mateen in the attack were shown and then Billings shows the actual guns to the jury, as prosecutors go through the timeline of Mateen physically purchases and obtaining the firearms.

Firearms purchased from a store in St. Lucie County where Omar and Noor lived, it was stated.

All the bodies were removed from Pulse by 11 p.m. and then the collection of evidence, like cell phones, started.


Paul Castillo, a FBI bomb technician, said that Mateen told a hostage negotiator that he had explosives and that his van was wired with bombs. 

Once the gunman was killed, the SWAT team could see wires near Mateen's body, and they quickly evacuated. 

Two bomb technicians first went to search for survivors and then left to initiate remote operations with a robot. However, no explosives were ultimately found after an extensive search.


Lauren Regucci, who was part of the FBI evidence response team, said Mateen rented a black Dodge Caravan from Enterprise Rent-A-Car on June 6, 2016, which was the vehicle found next to Pulse nightclub. 

A backpack was reportedly found in the van, which carried receipts for items such as ammunition, jewelry and firearms. The major purchases, made a week before the shooting, amounted to $30,000. 

A green rifle bag, a black Glock pistol box, and a St. Lucie Shooting Range pass were also found in the vehicle. A box of 9mm ammo were found near the driverside floorboard. Another box outside contained rifle ammo.


Lt. Willian Hall said OPD sent a teletype to Fort Pierce Police asking officers to respond to Noor Salman's home and were advised to be cautious of potential explosives or booby-traps. 

He said he and four other officers got to the address OPD sent him around 4:20 a.m. and made contact with Noor Salman. She allowed them inside her home, and Hall said he didn't see any threats. 

According to Hall, Salman said Omar was very careful with guns and wouldn't hurt anyone expect to defend himself. He said he found it odd, since he didn't mention a shooting to her at the time.

Defense attorney Charles Swift reportedly took issue Hall's testimony, saying that Hall didn't ask Salman any "relevant" questions, nor did he allegedly interview her. Hall said he didn't ask questions since the FBI would be speaking to her. 


Christopher Mayo said he was sent to Salman's apartment to gather information and relay it to Orlando. 

Mayo said he got biographical information from Salman, and that Mateen owned one handgun.

Salman said Mateen left around 5 p.m. the night before the shooting to have dinner with "Nemo."

Mayo said he found it odd that Salman was calm and never asked him what happened. She also reportedly didn't ask about her husband's health either. 

Salman also reportedly told Mayo that Mateen didn't have enemies, and "he likes everyone, including homosexuals," which he said he found odd since the shooting was at a gay nightclub.