Protests continued in Brooklyn Friday for a third straight day after a grand jury decision in the death of Breonna Taylor in Louisville at the hands of police.

Protesters blocked off the entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge and walked along to share their message at around 9 p.m. Friday. They sat on the bridge and observed an eight-minute moment of silence, and then remained on the Manhattan-bound lanes for more than an hour. 

Police vehicles were seen by NY1 crews speeding onto the Manhattan-bound side of the bridge at around 10:45 p.m., and officers blocked off the pedestrian pathway at that point as well. 

Video posted to social media showed the protesters walking off the Brooklyn side of the bridge, and organizers in that video said there were no arrests and that everyone was accounted for.

The police vehicles were seen leaving the bridge at around 11:10 p.m., and traffic on the Manhattan-bound side started moving again around that time. 


The protesters said they took up space on the bridge to send a message to everyone who failed Taylor.

The three officers involved in the Taylor incident were not directly charged in connection with her death. Only one of the officers was charged in connection with the incident at all - and that officer's charges are related to bullets that went into neighbors' homes.

In New York City on Friday, a crowd had gathered at Barclays Center by 7 p.m. 

Some carried signs that shared messages like "Justice for Breonna" and "Breonna's Neighbors Got More Justice Than Breonna." 

Some of those protesters then marched in nearby streets. 

Those demonstrators said the decision in the Taylor case was a major disappointment, especially after months of protesting after George Floyd's death.

"Last night, I cried myself to sleep thinking about the 'charge,' if you want to call it that, that we got. I cried myself to sleep," said one protester. "I was so sad and hurt and angry, and also upset at myself because I honestly thought that we might just get, we might get something, and we didn't."

Thursday night, protesters marched on the Williamsburg and Manhattan bridges. 

Protesters had gathered earlier Friday at Maria Hernandez Park in Bushwick.

People there who spoke with NY1 said they have been out protesting since George Floyd's death back on Memorial Day. They said the most disappointing thing is that they are carrying the same signs they were carrying months ago, that nothing has changed and that they are still calling for the same things they called for months ago.