Two men face multiple charges Tuesday after a fender bender the day before led to a kidnapping and a random demand in an ordeal that played out across three boroughs, the city police department said.

"It was one of the strangest cases I've been a part of," NYPD Captain Timothy Malin said at a press conference.

According to police, it all started Monday afternoon on Gates Avenue in Brooklyn, when a deliveryman driving a van with hospital supplies parked his car and bumped into another vehicle.

Police said 32-year-old Rondell Halley and 24-year-old Francisco Jimenez, seen above, walked up to the deliveryman and demanded money for damages to the vehicle. The driver then called his boss.

"The boss said, 'No, don't hand them cash. Let's go through the insurance company,'" Malin said.

Police said that wasn't good enough for the two men, so they allegedly pulled out a gun, kidnapped the 32-year-old driver, and drove the van to Queens, where they called the boss back and demanded about $700.

"'If you want your van back and if you want your delivery driver back, you are going to have to pay us,'" Malin said the boss was told.

The boss agreed to pay the money, authorities said. That's when the boss told the men to come to 72nd St. and Broadway in Manhattan.

But police said they were already waiting for the two alleged kidnappers to show up before the whole incident ended with a chase.

"They attempted to stop the perpetrators. They drove their white BMW, they tried to flee. They drove about one block and crashed on the sidewalk," Malin said.

According to Malin, uniformed officers and members of the NYPD's detective squad apprehended Jimenez on the street. Two officers caught Halley after he ran down the block and through a school and climbed eight stories on a fire escape, where he was stopped.

Halley and Jimenez face charges that include kidnapping and weapons possession.

Led from the NYPD's 20th Precinct in handcuffs, Halley said he didn't abduct anyone.

Police said they recovered a .25-caliber gun from the car that the alleged kidnappers drove. An NYPD detective said the gun was loaded with one round in the chamber and four live rounds in the magazine.

No one was injured in the incident. The delivery driver was a little shaken up and nervous, but police said he was okay.