International flights are coming into JFK Airport's Terminal 4 after they were shut down earlier Sunday due to a water pipe break that has delayed flights all day.

At the time of this writing, the airport was experiencing departure and arrival delays of more than two hours.

Officials are urging travelers to check their airline for their flight's status before coming to the airport.

International arrivals to Terminal 4 were suspended earlier, with passengers who were already arrived being taken to other terminals for processing. Departures were not impacted.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said a water pipe that feeds the terminal's sprinkler system broke around 2 p.m. That sent approximately three inches of water into the terminal's west end.

The Port Authority said it is launching an investigation into the water pipe break.

In a statement, Port Authority Executive Director Rick Cotton said the break "appeared to be weather-related'' and called it "unacceptable.''

Officials said the terminal's arrivals section was evacuated in the afternoon.

Power to the affected areas was temporarily shut off for safety reasons and additional staffing and busing operations were deployed to assist travelers, the Port Authority said.

JFK Airport officials said around 4:15 p.m. that AirTrainJFK was operating normally, but taxis were rerouted to the departure level and traffic was heavy into Terminal 4.

The water pipe break comes a day after hundreds of passengers were stranded at the airport due to a backlog of rescheduled flights following Thursday's snowstorm.

The Port Authority limited some flight arrivals into JFK Airport on Saturday due to a lack of gates available to handle the backlog, which created chaos for travelers — hundreds of whom were stranded at Terminal 4 on Saturday.

The airport was closed Thursday due to the snowstorm. While flights resumed the next day, thousands were canceled or delayed across the region.

Some passengers who exited planes Saturday evening told NY1 that they had waited five to six hours on the tarmac with no food, waiting for a gate to open.

In a statement Saturday night, the Port Authority said the storm severely disabled some of the airport's equipment, leading to delaying in getting planes and passengers into their gates.

Some people said they were waiting, at times, even longer at baggage claim Saturday.

The Port Authority said it intends to "aggressively review" the process to assure that planes and passengers get to their gates when many flights are rescheduled after a "severe weather event."