NEW YORK -- Disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein was arraigned Friday morning in Lower Manhattan on a list of charges related to an investigation surrounding claims of sexual harassment and assault.
Weinstein, 66, first emerged from an SUV outside the 1st Precinct in TriBeCa just before 7:30 a.m. Friday.
He left the precinct house in handcuffs about an hour later, escorted by detectives.
Weinstein did not speak to reporters at any point.
He is charged with rape, criminal sex act, sex abuse and sexual misconduct for incidents involving two separate women.
Weinstein pled not guilty to the charges in Manhattan Criminal Court and was released on a $1 million cash bond bail with a $10 million bond alternative.
He was also ordered to wear an ankle monitor tracking device and can only travel between New York City and Connecticut.
His next scheduled court appearacne is June 30.
Numerous women both in the city and abroad have accused Weinstein of sexual harassment and assault.
In a statement, Manhattan District Attroney Cy Vance Jr said, "Today’s charges reflect significant progress in this active, ongoing investigation."
He went on to say, "I thank the brave survivors who have come forward, and my Office’s prosecutors who have worked tirelessly on this investigation. I would also like to thank Commissioner James O’Neill and our dedicated partners at the NYPD. We urge additional survivors and others with relevant information to call our Sex Crimes Hotline at 212-335-9373.”
Sources tell Spectrum News the FBI is also investigating Weinstein and have interviewed three NYPD officers in regard to the case.
Harvey Weinstein was first accused of sexual assault by former actress Lucia Evans in 2004.
Since then, more than 80 other women spoke up, accusing Weinstein of similar instances of abuse.
They include actors Rose McGowan, Ashley Judd and Gwyneth Paltrow.
Weinstein has repeatedly said he did not have non-consensual sex with anyone.