AUSTIN, Texas — The first 15 authors appearing at the 2018 Texas Book Festival have been announced.
The full list of authors, along with the works they will be presenting at the TBF weekend, includes the following:
- Chloe Benjamin – The Immortalists
- Alexander Chee – How to Write an Autobiographical Novel: Essays
- Sandra Cisneros – Puro Amor
- Alfredo Corchado: Homelands: Four Friends, Two Countries, and the Fate of the Great Mexican-American Migration
- David Grann – The White Darkness
- Joe Holley – Hurricane Season: The Unforgettable Story of the 2017 Houston Astros and the Resilience of a City
- Leslie Jamison – The Recovering
- Tayari Jones – An American Marriage
- Erin Entrada Kelly – You Go First
- Sandhya Menon – From Twinkle, with Love
- Fatima Farheen Mirza – A Place for Us
- Walter Mosley - John Woman
- Tommy Orange - There There
- Mary Pope Osborne – Magic Tree House #30: Hurricane Heroes in Texas
- V.E. Schwab – Vengeful
“We are honored to welcome these fifteen exceptional authors to this year’s Texas Book Festival,” Julie Wernersbach, Festival Literary director said. “Their insightful and engaging work, from stories of Arctic adventure and 1900s Galveston to absorbing fiction and riveting memoir, inspires our imaginations and encourages us to connect with the world both on and off the page.
In addition to the above authors, the 2018 TBF lineup will feature 250 celebrated and emerging writers, including journalists, artists, scientists, and more. The festival weekend will also include acclaimed authors at readings, panel discussions, and signings; exhibitor booths and food vendors; tents and venues, including cooking, C-SPAN, children’s entertainment, and live music performances.
The festival will be held Oct. 27-28.